Sunday, June 7, 2009

What's the point, really?

I was talking with Kevin last week about what it's all about, really, and we pretty much drew a blank. Given my past abortive blog attempts, why am I even trying again?

Well, here's what I just wrote to Dad, who got back from his hike across England: coming up with good answers is unlikely, but the attempt is still fun - and important - to try. Catie and Dave didn't pedal every mile between Pacific and Atlantic, and Dad didn't walk every step from the Irish Sea to Robin Hood's Bay, but that doesn't detract from the value of their trips, and it misses the point. So here I'll try to focus on enjoying the process without necessarily worrying about the product.

More specifically, I've been writing more e-mails and blog comments and other things this year than in years past, and I'm more happy with what I've written, and I have a back log of material that I think I can pull out and put up here. So we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment