Saturday, February 13, 2010

Obligatory snow pictures.

We had three significant winter events this year. The first one was an ice storm that Ashley and I drove through. We past 20 cars stuck off the side of the road, but we took it slow and steady and avoided the worst sections. It took us an hour and a half to get fifteen minutes across town. I'm no expert yet, but I'm building up a little experience with winter driving.

The second event was a nice snow storm that left everything very pretty for a couple of days without messing anything up too much.



Actually, I think there was a fourth snow storm that we missed when we went out of town for new years. I was grousing for a little more snow, and boy did we get it.



We didn't lose power, burst any pipes, crash any cars, or get an ice dam building up on our roof, so for us this latest snow emergency has pretty much just been a bunch of fun (and good exercise).

This is what we had the first day.



It kept coming. This is what we had after a couple of days. Dog included for scale.



I made half an igloo using the traditional Inuit tupperware method. Then I got cold and went inside.

1 comment: